DATA PROTECTION POLICY
This Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) sets out how Kalm wellness centre and counselling services will manage Personal Data in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“Act”).
A. Personal Data
“Personal Data” as used in this Policy includes any data about an individual who can be identified from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
Some examples of Personal Data you may provide to us from time to time include (depending on the type/nature of your interaction with us) your name, telephone number, address, email, transaction details and any other information which you supplied to us in any form or mode of communication.
By submitting Personal Data to us, interacting with us, or accessing websites related to us, you agree and consent to our collecting, using, disclosing, and sharing your Personal Data following this Policy. “You” or “your” means any individual (as defined under the Act).
This Policy supplements but does not supersede or replace any other consent which you may have previously provided to Kalm wellness centre and counselling services in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which we may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
C. Collection, Use, and Disclosure
We may receive or collect Personal Data from you in one or more of the following ways:
• when you apply to be a member or a volunteer online through our website or our printed forms;
• when you register for or attend any of our activities or workshops;
• when you contact us or request that we contact you;
• CCTV recordings when you visit our premises;
• photo takings/video recordings during Kalm wellness centre and counselling services events at our or other premises or Online services;
• when you apply for or enquire about employment with Kalm wellness centre and counselling services; or
• when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
We may collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for:
• processing your membership application;
• preparing the attendance list for activities or talks which you have registered for;
• responding to your enquiries and requests;
• considering you or assessing your suitability for employment;
• conducting marketing and communication activities, including posting on our website or social media or inclusion into videos and marketing collaterals;
• meeting legal, regulatory or other requirements or ensuring compliance with our internal policies;
• any purposes which are reasonably related to the above.
We will not use your Personal Data for purposes other than what we have informed you, nor for any purpose which is not permitted under applicable laws and regulations.
When you provide us with Personal Data relating to a third party (eg. your spouse, child, parent, friend etc.), by submitting such Personal Data to us, you represent and warrant that the consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data for the purposes listed above.
D. Accuracy, Protection, and Retention
As we rely on Personal Data to carry out the above purposes, you should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Kalm wellness centre and counselling services staff shall use reasonable endeavours to respect the confidentiality of and keep safe all Personal Data collected, stored, disclosed or used.
We will retain your Personal Data to the extent one or more of the purposes for which it was collected remains valid and for other legal or business purposes for which retention may be necessary.
E. Contacting Us
You may withdraw your consent given to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data or request access or corrections to your Personal Data held by us by giving us reasonable notice.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all of the purposes and depending on the nature of your request, we may not be in a position to be able to carry out or meet any of the purposes stated above.
If you have any questions about this Policy, or if you wish to do any of the above, please get in touch with Kalm wellness centre and counselling services as follows:
Kalm wellness centre and counselling services, 10 Anson Rd, #14-09 International Plaza, Singapore 079903
From time to time, we may update this Policy to ensure that it is consistent with future developments and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements, and you agree to be bound by the then prevailing terms of this Policy. This Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.